Be Represented by a Law Firm That is Well-Established in Eminent Domain Cases
Erin B. Naderi
- Business Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution & Mediation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation
- Valuation Litigation
- Lease Renewal Valuations
Ms. Naderi's practice includes eminent domain litigation, complex business disputes and other real property litigation. Ms. Naderi represents private landowners, business owners, commercial landlords and tenants in various phases of litigation including bench trials, jury trials and appeals.
Ms. Naderi has represented clients in disputes concerning condemnation of real property, inverse condemnation, lease renewal valuations, breach of lease agreements, breach of purchase and sale agreements, breach of easements and CC&Rs, among others. Ms. Naderi also advises developers and property owners on various aspects of land use entitlement disputes and California Environmental Quality Act ("CEQA") challenges.
Her eminent domain experience includes cases concerning total and partial takings, direct and inverse condemnation, appraisal and valuation issues, precondemnation damages, loss of business goodwill, and severance damages. Ms. Naderi represents property owners in relation to numerous types of public projects ranging from takings related to freeway and highway projects, street widening projects, high speed rail projects, and railroad grade separation projects.
Well versed in all aspects of complex civil litigation, Ms. Naderi handles pre-filing strategy, drafting and responding to pleadings, motions and discovery. Ms. Naderi has successfully represented private landowners, business owners and individuals in various phases of litigation including arbitrations, mediations, high stakes trials and before the California Court of Appeal and California Supreme Court.
Of the more than six appellate cases she has handled during her career, Ms. Naderi's most notable involved securing a favorable California Appellate Court decision on behalf of her clients in a published case, Abers v. Rohrs (2013) 217 Cal.App. 4th 1199.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- University of California, Irvine, California
- B.A. - 2002
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Ms. Naderi was instrumental in securing a favorable published appellate decision in Abers v. Rohrs (2013) 217 Cal.App.4th 1199.
- Abers v. Rohrs — Successfully represented the landowner in a land lease rent adjustment arbitration against the owners of 150 leasehold condominium units
- City of Tustin v. “A” — Part of trial team that received a $70 million jury verdict in an eminent domain case
- OCTA v. “J” — Successfully represented individual property owner and business in an eminent domain proceeding brought by Orange County Transportation Authority to acquire our client’s business location that served as an office and staging yard
- “CIC” v. “C” — Successfully represented a condominium association in an eminent domain proceeding brought by a quasi-public water company to acquire an approximately 4,000 square-foot easement for an underground water line across the association’s parking lot/common area
- City of Anaheim v. “H” — Successfully represented world leading hotel company and lodging and travel center real estate investment trust in a writ proceeding against the City of Anaheim
- B” v. “M” — Successfully represented landowner in a dispute arose with its neighbors in a commercial center
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association
Current Employment Position